- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the screws and disengage the clips securing the driver's side lower footwell panel, then remove the panel.
- Remove the screws and disengage the clips securing the driver's side lower dashboard panel. Remove the panel and disconnect the Bowden cable from the parking brake.
- Disconnect the rotary light switch and headlight range regulator harness connectors.
- Remove the Access/Start control module as follows:
Remove the relay carriers as follows:
- Unplug the electrical connection from the brake pedal switch.
- Loosen the screws at the left and right of the brake pedal switch bracket, then remove brake pedal switch bracket.
- Press the retaining tabs together to remove the relay carriers with the connected wires out of bracket.
- Remove the relay carriers.
Remove the electrical control module as follows:
- Release the retainers and unplug the electrical connections from the control module located above the accelerator pedal assembly.
- Remove the control module with the wires still connected to rear side out of the bracket.
- Release the retainers and unplug the electrical connections from the module.
- Remove the control module.
- Drain the cooling system.
Remove the right heater core cover by loosening bolt (1) and removing bolt (2). Unclip the cover from mounting points (3).
- Pull the carpet off of the center tunnel.
Remove the 2 screws securing the left heater core cover, then unclip the cover. Note that one of the screws may be hidden by the heater core cover.
- Remove the footwell vent.
- Cover the carpet in the area under the heater core with water absorbing materials.
- Pull the retaining clips from the coolant hoses.
Slowly pull the coolant lines off of heater core and collect any coolant that leaks out.
NOTEA retaining pin is located under the heater core on the left-hand side. This connects the lower heater core cover to the heating and A/C unit.
Lift the retaining pin out from the locking device and pull the retaining pin out. Fold the cover downward and take heater core out to left.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Note the following:
Always replace the O-rings.