Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Make sure the wipers are in the parked position. Mark the position of the blades on the windshield using a grease pencil.
- Remove the wiper arms by prying off the cover cap. Loosen the mounting nut but do not unscrew completely yet. Gently move the wiper arm up and down until it can be removed from the wiper arm shaft. Now unscrew the mounting nut completely and pull wiper arms off.
- Release the retainers of the plenum chamber cover by turning them 90°. Carefully lift the cover slightly until the harness connector under it can be unplugged. Remove the cover.
- Loosen the twist locks of the cover by a 90° turn. Carefully unclip the plenum chamber cover upward.
- Remove the bolts securing the wiper linkage and frame.
- Unclip the wire retainer from the wiper frame. Unplug the connector from the wiper motor. Be care not to damage the connector retaining clip.
- Remove the complete wiper frame assembly.
- Detach the crank from the wiper motor shaft.
- Remove the mounting bolts for the wiper motor, then remove it from the frame.
- Install the wiper motor into the wiper. Secure it with the mounting bolts.
- Make sure the wiper motor is at its rest position. To check this, connect the wiper motor to its harness and operate the windshield wiper switch briefly. Note that the hood must be closed for the windshield wiper to function.
- After the motor cycles, remove it from the vehicle again. Place the crank onto the wiper motor shaft.
- Measure the distance between the crank and pin. It must be inch (4 mm). Install the crank nut.
- Install the wiper frame and linkage assembly into the vehicle. Again, make sure the wiper motor is at its rest position.
- Install the plenum chamber cover.
- Place the wiper arms onto their shafts while lining up the marks made on the windshield during removal. Install the mounting nuts finger tight.
- Cycle the wiper motor and make sure the arms are properly positioned. Adjust as necessary.
- After the wiper arms are properly adjusted, the nuts on the arms can be tightened and the cover caps installed.