REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Place the front wheels in a straight-ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable AND TAPE the cable end away from the battery.
- Remove the air bag assembly.
Do not turn the ignition switch ON while the air bag assembly is removed, as this will register a fault code.
- Unfasten the retaining bolt and remove the steering wheel. On some models, it may be necessary to use a puller; if so, follow the tool manufacturers instructions.
- Detach the connector and remove the contact reel.
- Set the contact reel to the zero position. If the contact reel must be "zeroed," turn the reel to the far right end and then back 3 revolutions to the left. Lock the contact reel with the screw in the plastic strip.
- Install the steering wheel.
- Install the air bag assembly.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Check the vehicle operation and SRS system for fault codes.