REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The start inhibitor (neutral safety switch) also serves to illuminate the back-up lights. The switch is found on the left side of the gear shift selector.
- Remove the ashtray and panel in the center console.
- Remove the faceplate with the gear position symbols.
- Remove the start inhibitor/back-up light switch.
- Open the connector and lift off the switch.
- Install the new switch and connect the wiring. Make sure that the tab on the selector lever enters the slot on the switch. Don't forget the prism which fits onto the top of the new switch.
- Reinstall the holder and the shifter faceplate.
- Install the panel and the ashtray in the center console.
There is no adjustment for this switch.