The switch controlling the brake lights is located at the brake pedal. As the pedal moves from its rest position, the switch engages and turns on the brake lights.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the soundproofing.
- Detach the electrical connectors at the switch
- Unscrew the locknut and remove the switch.
- Place the new switch into position.
- Install the locknut and electrical connectors.
- After installing the new switch, it must be adjusted so that the brake lights comes ON when the brake pedal is depressed approximately 3 / 8 - 1 / 2 inches (8-14mm).