REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The following procedure applies only to externally mounted regulators; on vehicles whose alternators have integral regulators, the alternator must be removed for service or replacement.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the harness from the regulator.
- Remove the regulator retaining screws.
- Remove the regulator from the vehicle.
- Install the regulator into place and tighten the retaining screws.
- Connect the harness to the regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.