On some models, the brake master cylinder incorporates the clutch master cylinder. For those models, refer to Brake Master Cylinder removal and installation in Brakes .
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the clutch reservoir with a bulb syringe.
- Remove the underdash panel and remove the lockring and pin from the clutch pedal.
- Remove the hose from the master cylinder. Use a clean jar to collect spillage.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts and remove the master cylinder.
When reinstalling, make sure that the clearance (free-play) between the pushrod and piston is 0.04 inch (1mm).
- Install the master cylinder and tighten the retaining bolts.
- Install the hose onto the master cylinder. Make certain the hose is correctly threaded and secure.
- Install the pushrod onto the pedal.
- Top up the fluid and bleed the system as explained later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.