See Figure 1
With the ignition OFF , disconnect the harness from the ignition coil, then place the leads of an ohmmeter across terminals 1 and 2 of the ignition coil. Resistance should be approximately 1 ohm; if out of range, replace the ignition coil.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the harness from the ignition coil.
- Remove the retaining bolt from the ignition coil-to-upper cylinder head.
- Lift the coil off of the spark plug and from the cylinder.
- Place the ignition coil into the correct cylinder and onto the spark plug. Push gently downward until a click is either felt or heard; the coil is now attached to the spark plug.
- Install and tighten the retaining bolt on the ignition coil-to-upper cylinder head.
- Connect the harness to the ignition coil.
- Connect the negative battery cable.