REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- Disconnect the coolant hose attached to the thermostat housing.
- Remove the thermostat housing retaining bolts.
- Remove the thermostat housing, thermostat and gasket. Some thermostats require alignment with certain marks or are clocked (only fit in the housing a certain way), so be sure to pay close attention while removing.
- Before installing the thermostat, thoroughly clean the mating surfaces.
- Fit a new gasket and place the thermostat into position.
- Install the thermostat housing and tighten bolts to proper torque (refer to torque specifications in the back of this section).
- Fill the cooling system through the expansion tank.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and allow to reach normal operating temperature.
- Bleed the cooling system.
- Top up with coolant and check for leaks.