REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Raise the hood.
- Disconnect any electrical or fluid lines between the hood and the body.
- Scribe marks around the hinges to facilitate hood installation. Have a helper support the hood so it doesn't damage the body during removal.
- Remove the hinge-to-hood bolts on each side and lift the hood clear of the vehicle.
The hood can be easily damaged; take great care not to bend or dimple the hood. Store it on pads and cover it to protect it while off the vehicle.To install:
- Position the hood and install the bolts just tight enough to hold it in position.
- Lower the hood and check the alignment; the gap should be even all around.
- Tighten the bolts.
- Attach any electrical connections or fluid lines which were removed.
Hoods can be easily damaged; take great care not to bend or dimple the hood.
- Front height adjustment: adjust the guide pins or rubber bump stops on the front panel.
- Left and right adjustment: loosen the hood and move the hood in the desired direction.
- Hood length: loosen the hood hinges and move the hood in the desired direction. (The hinges are provided with oval holes.)
- Rear height adjustment: adjust the hinge mountings near the wheel arch.