The power sunroof is controlled by a switch that selects the direction of travel of the sunroof. The switch changes the polarity of the voltage going to the sunroof motor. This changes the rotation of the motor, thereby changing the direction of sunroof travel.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the sunroof to the ventilation position.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Push down the sunroof headlining with a finger. Unhook the retaining springs with a bent piece of wire.
- Pull down on the headlining sufficiently to pass beneath the gutter rail. At the same time, slide the sunroof to the rear to release the catches at the front.
Do not pull the sunroof too far to the rear; otherwise, it will be difficult to remove again.
- Unhook the spring retaining brackets.
- Remove the retaining screws from the sides and front.
- Remove the sunroof.
- Fit the sunroof into position and install the retaining screws.
- Install the spring retaining brackets.
- Slide the sunroof forward to engage the catches in the front.
- Install or reposition any trim moved for access.
- Connect the negative battery cable.