The only function of the distributor is to distribute voltage to the spark plugs. There are no advance functions built into the distributor. It is no longer possible to adjust ignition timing through the distributor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
EZ115K, EZ116K and REX-1 Systems
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and remove the spark plug wires.
- Label and remove the distributor cap.
- Remove the rotor, dust cover and O-ring.
- Remove the camshaft center bolt and rotor holder. Pull the distributor housing forward until its base rests against the rotor holder. Tap the distributor housing lightly, with a hammer, to release the rotor holder from the shaft.
- Install the distributor.
- Tighten the rotor holder to 52-66 ft. lbs. (70-90 Nm).
- Install the rotor, dust cover, and O-ring.
- Install the distributor cap.
- Install the spark plug wires.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If possible, check the ignition timing.
On this system, the distributor is essentially a rotor bolted onto the end of the intake camshaft. There is no distributor housing to remove. Once the distributor cap is removed, the rotor can be removed from the camshaft. Refer to General Information & Maintenance for Distributor Cap and Rotor removal and installation.