REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system so that the level (of the system) is below the control valve.
Never open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Loosen the heater hose clamps and remove the hoses.
- Disconnect the cable and/or vacuum line to the valve.
- Unfasten the mounting screws and remove the valve.
- Place the control in position and secure it.
- Connect the heater hoses (replace any hoses that show wear) and secure the hose clamps.
- Connect the cable and/or vacuum line(s).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the cooling system and check the control valve operation.