REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
The following procedure applies to both the front and rear door panels.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all necessary retaining screws and clips; some are hidden by small access covers.
- On some models, it may be necessary to remove the door pocket. Remove it by turning the 3 studs 90 degrees and lifting off the pocket.
- On some models, it is necessary to remove the armrest. The screws may be concealed behind plastic covers.
- Remove the plastic housing around the inner latch release (door handle).
- If equipped with manual windows, remove the window crank handle. Do this by lifting up the small trim strip at the base of the winder. Remove the concealed screw and the handle may be pulled free.
- Remove the door speaker mounting screws and pull the speaker out of the door, then unplug the connector and remove the speaker.
- Unscrew the lock button from the shaft.
- The door panel is removed by gently prying the edge away from the door. Use a broad, flat tool inserted between the panel and the metal of the door. The idea is to separate the clips without damage so they may be reused.
- Proceed around the door until all the clips are released.
If the door panel is tight or stuck in one spot, be careful and do not pull hard. First ensure that you have all necessary retaining hardware removed.
- Remove the door panel by lifting up to free the lip at the window edge. Be prepared to disconnect any wiring encountered within the door (courtesy lights, speakers, etc.) during removal.
Inside the door is a plastic moisture barrier. It may be removed for access to the door parts, but it must not be ripped or torn. Should it become damaged, either replace it or repair it with waterproof tape. It must be reinstalled intact after any door repairs.To install
- Before reinstalling the door panel, check every clip to insure that they are properly located and not damaged. Replace any that are unusable.
- Position the door panel onto the top of the door and seat the lip at the window rail. It may require gentle tapping to seat properly.
- Making sure each clip aligns with its hole, proceed around the door and tap each clip into place.
- Install all the retaining hardware and access covers.
- Plug in the speaker and tighten the retaining bolts.
- Install the lock button, release handle and window crank handle (if removed).
- Install the trim around the door release handle.
- If removed, install the armrest and the door pocket.
- Connect the negative battery cable.