REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the windshield wiper arms and cowl panel.
- Remove the outer dashboard retaining bolts.
- Remove the steering wheel.
Some models covered by this guide are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any SRS components, such as the impact sensors, air bag module, steering column or instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- Remove the knee bolster panel under the steering column.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Remove any applicable steering column electrical connectors.
- Remove the steering column retaining bolts and lower the column to the floor.
- Remove the side demister vents.
- Detach the dash speaker grilles and remove the speakers.
- Remove the panel vents.
- Remove the glove box.
- Remove the heater control panel.
- Remove the radio.
- Remove the center console.
- Unfasten the dashboard mounting screws.
- Remove the dashboard from the vehicle.
- Position the dashboard into place and tighten the mounting screws.
- Install the center console.
- Install the radio, heater control panel, glove box, and vents.
- Raise the steering column and tighten the retaining bolts.
- Plug the column electrical connectors in and install the column covers.
- Install the knee bolster panel.
- Install the steering wheel.
- Tighten the outer dashboard retaining bolts.
- Install the cowl panel and the wiper arms.
- Connect the negative battery cable.