REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the seat from the vehicle following the procedure outlined previously.
- Turn the seat upside down and remove the 4 screws holding the motor to its bracket.
- Lift out the motor and remove the drive cable from the motor. Use care not to kink or crease the cable.
- Disconnect the wiring to the motor. Remove the pins from the connector case, if required. To remove the fore-and-aft motor, remove the middle connector from the control unit. Open the connector and remove the wiring at the terminals.
- Properly route the harness and attach the connector to the seat motor.
- Install the motor and tighten the retaining bolts and final check the wiring. Make sure it is out of the way of any moving parts.
- Reinstall the seat in the vehicle, connect the wiring harnesses.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the operation of the seat.
The motor controlling the seatback tilt is within the seatback. Access to this motor involves removal of the seatback and disassembly of upholstery pieces. If trouble is experienced with this motor, repair by trained personnel is recommended.