REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
850, S70, C70 and V70, Except AWD V70 Series
The bearing and hub are replaced as a single component. The bearing is not available separately.
- Raise and safely support vehicle.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the caliper and the brake line from the mounting clip. When the left brake caliper is removed, the three-way brake line connector mounting bolt must also be removed. Remove the caliper and hang it from the spring to prevent brake hose damage.
- Back off the parking brake adjustment, so the rotor can be removed.
- Remove the rotor.
- Remove the cap, hub nut and hub.
- Clean the stub axle thoroughly.
- Install the hub using a new nut and tighten it to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm) plus an additional 30 degrees. Make sure that there is no play in the bearings after installation.
- Install the dust cap using an appropriate tool.
- Clean the face of the hub and back side of the rotor where the two mate.
- Install the rotor and guide pin. Tighten the pin to 7 ft. lbs. (9 Nm).
- Adjust the parking brake shoes until the disc cannot be turned, then back it off four to six notches.
- Install the brake caliper.
- Install the brake line and mounting clips, and the three-way connector on the left-hand side, if applicable.
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.