REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Trailing arms are found only on the 850 series.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Undo the brake line and the ABS speed sensor wiring bracket on the right rear trailing arm.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the shock absorbers.
- Remove the springs.
- Remove the sway bar.
- Position a jack or suitable tool under the left trailing arm.
- Raise the left trailing arm to release the trailing arm mounting.
- Press the right trailing arm from the left trailing arm.
- Remove the right trailing arm body mounting bolts.
- Remove the right trailing arm.
- If necessary, remove the left trailing arm body mounting bolts and remove the trailing arm.
- Install new trailing arm mountings.
- Align the left and right trailing arms.
- Tighten the left and right trailing arm mounting to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
Tighten the trailing arm-to-body bolts to the following specifications:
Bolt through the trailing arm bracket and rear axle link-78 ft. lbs. (105 Nm) and angle tighten an additional 90°.
- Install the sway bar.
- Install the springs.
- Install the shock absorbers.
- Install the brake line and ABS wiring bracket.
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.