1990 740 and 780; 1990-92 240
See Figure 1
The Service Reminder Indicator (SRI) zeroing knob is located at the rear of the instrument panel. The indicator light illuminates after approximately 5,000 miles (8,000 km). It goes on for 2 minutes each time the engine is started until the oil and filter have been changed and the counter reset.
Reach up behind the dashboard and push the knob to reset the reminder light.
See Figure 2
The SRI zeroing knob is located on the front of the instrument cluster, underneath a rubber grommet. Remove the rubber grommet; then using a small screwdriver, depress the knob to reset.
See Figures 3, 4, 5 and 6
The SRI is reset using the Data Link Connector (DLC). The procedure is as follows:
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- At the DLC, select position 7 and place the diagnostic connector in the socket.
- Depress the button on the DLC four times.
- When the Light Emitting Diode (LED) glows steadily, the system is ready to be reset.
- Depress the button once, and wait for the LED to light again.
- Depress the button five times, and wait for the LED to light again.
- Depress the button once again, and wait for the LED to light again.
- Turn the ignition OFF .
- Start the engine and verify the maintenance light goes out.
1996-98 models incorporate the OBD-II diagnostic system. The SRI is reset using the Volvo Scan tool or equivalent. Follow the scan tool manufacturer's instructions to reset the SRI.