- Remove the half shaft from the vehicle.
- Remove the boot clamps and cut the boot off of the shaft.
- Measure and record the distance from the inner ring to the inner groove on the shaft.
- Using a brass drift on suitable equivalent, tap the CV-joint housing off of the shaft.
- Disassemble the inner race, cage and balls for cleaning and inspection.
- Assemble the inner race, cage and balls into the outer joint housing.
- Using a rubber mallet, tap the CV-joint housing onto the shaft to the same distance away from the inner groove as recorded earlier.
- Carefully insert a rounded screwdriver or suitable equivalent between the half shaft and boot to vent any over pressure in the boot.
- Install new clamps onto the boot.