Never open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the ground cable of battery.
- Remove the electrical connector from the sensor.
Remove the coolant temperature sensor.
- Apply sealant to sensor threads. Install the sensor and tighten to 15-29 ft. lbs. (20-39 Nm).
- Attach electrical connector to sensor.
- Connect the ground cable of battery.
- Refill the coolant.