Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- On vehicles equipped with an electric fan, the control module is integral to the electric fan motor assembly.
- Refer to Engine Fan removal and installation.
- Check to see if the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is illuminated.
- Check for any active or stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
- If the MIL is not illuminated and no DTC is present, the electric fan control module is not setting a code and may be functional.
- Test the fan motor by disconnecting the electric fan at the connector plug.
- Supply a 12 volt lead to the unplugged electric fan motor.
- If fan is not activated, replace fan motor.
- If fan is activated, check for bent, missing, or corroded connector pins at plug connections, missing wire or worn insulation on wires.