5- & 6-Cylinder Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect ground cable of battery.
- Remove the skid plate, if equipped.
Remove the right charge air hose:
Undo the clamp (1)
Undo the mounting bolts so that the radiator assembly is lowered approximately
NOTEDo not remove the bolts completely.
- Undo the radiator connector and tie straps.
Move aside the cable harness.
- Remove the bolts of the engine cooling fan mounting.
- Detach the hose of the expansion tank from the clip on the engine cooling fan.
- Pull the fan upward to release it from the lower mounting.
- Remove fan through lower part of vehicle.
Installation is the reverse of the removal process.
NOTEMake sure the hood cable is not pinched when the fan is installed.
- Tighten the 2 M6 bolts of the engine cooling fan mounting to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Tighten the 2 M8 mounting bolts of the radiator assembly to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the charge air hose to the charge air cooler and tighten the 2 M5 bolts (2) to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the skid plate and tighten the 6 M10 bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Connect the battery cable and tighten to 22 inch lbs. (3 Nm).