Removal & Installation
5- & 6-Cylinder Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove intake manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold removal and installation.
Remove spark plugs from:
- Cylinders 1 and 5-5-cylinder engine
- Cylinders 2 and 5-6-cylinder engine
Install two camshaft cover press tools 999 5454 into the vacated spark plug holes. Ensure that the bolt in the spark plug well is fully tightened 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
NOTELeave a 0.079- 0.118 inch (2-3mm) gap to the camshaft cover when installing the press tools 999 5454.
Remove variable valve timing (VVT) solenoid.
- Remove all bolts securing the camshaft cover to cylinder head.
- Use pliers 999 5670 to lift camshaft cover from cylinder head.