Removal & Installation
Models equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), use an inflatable air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column, and instrument panel, disable the SRS.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery cable.
- Remove steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
Remove steering column covers. Remove or disconnect the following:
Screws from lower cover
- Remove the contact reel:
- Remove the ignition switch:
Install the ignition switch:
- Position the ignition switch and tighten the screws.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the contact reel. Tighten the M5 screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the upper and lower steering column covers. Tighten the screws.
- Install the air bag and steering wheel. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
- Connect the negative battery cable.