Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery cable.
- Remove steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
Remove steering column covers. Remove or disconnect the following:
Screws from lower cover
- Remove the contact reel:
- Remove the ignition switch:
Install the ignition switch:
- Position the ignition switch and tighten the screws.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the contact reel. Tighten the M5 screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the upper and lower steering column covers. Tighten the screws.
- Install the air bag and steering wheel. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
- Connect the negative battery cable.