Removal & Installation
Turn Signal (Combination) Switch
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery cable.
- Remove steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
Remove steering column covers. Remove or disconnect the following:
Screws from lower cover
- Remove the contact reel:
Remove the turn signal combination switch:
- Remove the screws for the switch.
Remove the rubber boot.
NOTEThe pins on the switch are fragile.
- Carefully pull the switch straight out from the connectors and remove the switch.
Install the turn signal combination switch:
- Install the rubber boot.
Insert the switch straight in from the side in the correct position.
NOTEEnsure that the pins are in the correct positions in the micro-switch.
- Install the screws for the switch.
- Install the contact reel. Tighten the M5 screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the upper and lower steering column covers. Tighten the screws.
- Install the air bag and steering wheel. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
- Connect the negative battery cable.