Removal & Installation
Remove rear disc brake caliper assembly
NOTEBefore removing the brake disc rotor, make a chalk marking by the bolts to aid in reassembly.
- Remove the rotor.
Remove the shoe hold spring by turning the pin to coincide with hole of spring cap.
- Remove the return spring.
- Disconnect the cable end from the trailing shoe.
Remove the parking brake shoes.
NOTEComplete the removal and installation on one side of the vehicle at a time using the others side as a reference.
- Install the parking brake cable to the operating lever.
- Apply brake grease to return spring and areas of movement on the mechanism, but do not apply grease to the brake shoe material.
- Install the upper return spring and brake shoes.
Turn the adjuster in counter clockwise direction and install.
- Install the lower return spring.
- Install the shoe hold spring with a pliers.
- Install the disc brake and then align the mark while tightening the screw.
Some models have an automatically adjusting parking brake mechanism. For models that are adjusted manually, refer to Parking Brake, Parking Brake Cables adjustment.