5- & 6-Cylinder Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts removal and installation.
Drain the power steering pump oil:
- Install a lock-grip pliers on the hose from the fluid reservoir as close to the power steering pump as possible.
Extract the oil.
NOTEPlace a covering over the alternator as protection against oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The pressure hose
- Remove the mounting bolts from power steering pump.
- Remove the power steering pump.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install the power steering pump with the M8 mounting bolts. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
Install the pressure hose and feeder hose with the M6 bolts. Tighten to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
NOTEUse a new O-ring.
- Install the accessory drive belt. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts removing and installation.
- Refill oil using Volvo power steering fluid, P/N 1161529.
- Bleed the power steering system. Refer to Power Steering Pump bleeding.