- Remove the halfshaft from the vehicle and secure in a vise.
- Remove the boot clamps and cut the boot off of the shaft.
- Measure and record the distance of the tripod joint in relation to the CV-joint housing.
Using a brass drift on suitable equivalent, tap the CV-joint housing off of the shaft.
Matchmark the tripod joint and remove the snap ring.
WARNINGDo not separate the outer joint from the halfshaft.
- Clean the outer joint and check for damage.
- Using Special Tool 999-5519, tap the tripod joint onto the halfshaft.
- Install the snap ring to the tripod joint.
- Lubricate the rollers of the tripod joint with grease.
- Install the CV-joint housing.
- Carefully insert a suitable prying device between the halfshaft and boot to vent any over pressure in the boot.
- Install new clamps onto the boot and tighten with Special Tool 951-2619.