REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the fan (drive) belt. Remove the fan and water pump pulley. Disconnect the stabilizer attachment from the frame.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley and bolt.
- Remove the retaining bolts and the timing gear cover. Loosen a few oil pan bolts, being careful not to damage the pan gasket.
- Remove the circlip, washer, and felt ring from the cover. Replace any gasket in questionable condition. Make sure that the oil drain hole is open and clean.
- Place the cover in position and install the retaining bolts finger-tight.
- Center the cover with a sleeve. Turn the sleeve while tightening and adjust the position of the cover so that the sleeve may be easily rotated without jamming.
- Install a new felt ring, washer, and circlip. Push them into their positions with the engaging sleeve. Check to make sure that the circlip has seated in its groove.
- Tighten the cover bolts. Install the pulleys and fan. Tension the accessory drive belts. Tighten the stabilizer attachment firmly to the frame.