REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 700 Series
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the hose from the left side dash vent.
- Carefully remove the trim below the vent, remove the screws holding the vent in place and remove the vent assembly.
- Using a very small screwdriver, loosen the set-screw holding the selector knob onto the shaft. If no set screw is evident, simply pull on the knob until it comes free of the shaft.
- Remove the shaft nut from the switch and remove the switch through the back of the dash. Remove the plug from the back of the switch assembly.
- When reassembling, remember to connect the new switch to the wiring harness and remember to tighten the small setscrew holding the knob to the shaft. Reconnect the battery and check the switch function.
See Figure 1
- Remove the selector knob by pulling it free of the shaft.
- Disconnect the wiring connector by reaching under the dash. It may be necessary to loosen or remove the under dash pad to gain access.
- Remove the shaft nut from the switch and remove the switch through the back of the dash.
- Reassemble in reverse order.