REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the seat from the car following the procedure outlined previously.
- Turn the seat upside down and remove the four screws holding the motor to its bracket.
- Lift out the motor and remove the drive cable from the motor. Use care not to kink or crease the cable.
- Disconnect the wiring to the motor. On 780 models, this may require removing the pins from the connector case. To remove the fore-and-aft motor on the 780, remove the middle connector from the control unit. Open the connector and remove the wiring at the terminals.
- When reinstalling, make sure the wiring is properly located and secure in its connector. Fit the cable into the motor and install the retainer if any.
- Install the motor and final check the wiring. Make sure it is out of the way of any moving parts.
- Install the seat in the car, connect the wiring harnesses and connect the negative battery cable. Check the operation of the seat.
The motor controlling the seatback tilt is within the seatback. Access to this motor involves removal of the seatback and disassembly of upholstery pieces. If trouble is experienced with this motor, repair by trained personnel is recommended.