REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upholstered finish panel on the inside of the tailgate.
- Remove the bolts for the wiper motor protection plate.
- Disconnect the ball-and-socket wiper arm link at the motor.
- Fold the protection plate aside and lift out the wiper motor.
- Mark the wires and disconnect them at the motor.
The brushes in the motor are replaceable. Remove the motor cover, unhook the brush springs and remove the brushes from the holders. Be careful not to damage the brush holders. Install the new brushes and attach the springs.
- When reinstalling, make certain that the motor is in the park position before installing. Connect the wiring to the motor and install the motor and the protection plate.
- Reattach the connecting link to the motor and install the retaining screws for the protection plate.
- Install the trim panel on the inside of the tailgate and connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 2
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove the inner trim pad on the tailgate.
- Loosen and remove the center nut on the motor and remove the linkage from the motor.
- Remove the bolts holding the motor and remove the motor. Disconnect the wiring from the motor.
- When reassembling, make certain that the motor is in the park position.
- Attach the wiring and mount the motor to the door.
- Attach the linkage to the motor and tighten the center nut.
- Replace the trim pad and attach the negative battery cable.