Removal & Installation
- Drain the fuel injection system.
- Remove the plastic hoses between the turbocharger and charge air cooler and the air cleaner and turbocharger. Place them to one side and seal the openings.
- Remove the protective cover above the nozzles
- Disconnect the connectors from the injectors
- Remove the mounting bolts from the fuel rail
- Spray universal oil or similar around the injector terminals on the intake manifold.
- Gently work the fuel rail and injectors loose.
Handle the injectors carefully to avoid damage to nozzles and needles.
The bolts holding the mounting rail to the fuel rail
- Lubricate the O-ring for the new injector using petroleum jelly.
- Install the injector.
- Position the mounting rail. The injectors may need to be pulled away from the fuel rail a few millimeters to install the rail
- Tighten the mounting rail to the fuel rail
- Press down the fuel rail.
Ensure all the injectors are correctly positioned.
- Screw the fuel rail into place. Use new bolts. Tighten to 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Install all connectors on the injectors
- Press the fuel line quick-release connector together until it clicks
- Install the cover over the nozzles
- Remove the seals. Install the plastic pipes between the turbocharger and charge air cooler and the air cleaner and turbocharger.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install fuel injector holders on the injectors.
Fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose
- Remove the injector holders and separate the injectors from the fuel supply manifold.
Install or connect the following:
Injectors to the fuel supply manifold with new O-ring seals
- Start the engine and check for leaks.