Removal & Installation
- Drain the fuel injection system.
- Remove the plastic hoses between the turbocharger and charge air cooler and the air cleaner and turbocharger. Place them to one side and seal the openings.
- Remove the protective cover above the nozzles
- Disconnect the connectors from the injectors
- Remove the mounting bolts from the fuel rail
- Spray universal oil or similar around the injector terminals on the intake manifold.
Gently work the fuel rail and injectors loose.
NOTEHandle the injectors carefully to avoid damage to nozzles and needles.
The bolts holding the mounting rail to the fuel rail
- Lubricate the O-ring for the new injector using petroleum jelly.
- Install the injector.
- Position the mounting rail. The injectors may need to be pulled away from the fuel rail a few millimeters to install the rail
- Tighten the mounting rail to the fuel rail
Press down the fuel rail.
NOTEEnsure all the injectors are correctly positioned.
- Screw the fuel rail into place. Use new bolts. Tighten to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Install all connectors on the injectors
- Press the fuel line quick-release connector together until it clicks
- Install the cover over the nozzles
- Remove the seals. Install the plastic pipes between the turbocharger and charge air cooler and the air cleaner and turbocharger.
- Remove the upper intake manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold removal and installation.
- Remove the crankcase ventilation hose between the cylinder heads by releasing the 2 clamps.
- Remove the 3 bolts from the fuel rail
- Remove the 2 bolts on the fuel pressure sensor.
Lift the fuel rail assembly with injector straight up and bend it aside.
- Unplug the connector of the injector.
- Remove the circlip of the injector; pull the clip laterally.
Remove the injector; jiggle and pull it straight out.
- Install the injector.
- Install the circlip.
- Plug in the connector to the injector.
- Install the fuel rail assembly with injector.
- Install the 3 bolts of the fuel rail.
- Install the 2 bolts on the fuel pressure sensor.
Install the crankcase ventilation hose and 2 clamps.
WARNINGMake sure there is an audible click during connection.
- Connect the fuel supply line and secure the line in the clamp.
- Install the upper intake manifold.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install fuel injector holders on the injectors.
Fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose
- Remove the injector holders and separate the injectors from the fuel supply manifold.
Install or connect the following:
Injectors to the fuel supply manifold with new O-ring seals
Start the engine and check for leaks.