- Raise the car.
- Remove the wheel.
- Push up the rear suspension using tensioner tool 999 5659, or equivalent, 500 mm (19.7 in.) between the fender edge and the center of the wheel hub.
The parking brake cable from the mounting in the tie rod
- Install a floor jack the wheel spindle and raise carefully.
- Release the tensioner so that the control arm hangs in the shock absorber.
- Using a prybar, position the tip between the constant velocity joint housing and the final drive housing.
- Tap firmly so that the snap ring for the halfshaft releases. Pull out the halfshaft. Do not damage the halfshaft seal.
- Install sealing plug.
- Lubricate the halfshaft mating surface using P/N 116 1329-6, or equivalent.
- Press the halfshaft into the final drive housing. Check that the snap ring is in the groove in the final drive.
- Check by pulling the constant velocity joint on the halfshaft.
- Lubricate the halfshaft splines using a small amount of oil.
- Position the halfshaft in the wheel hub. Carefully lower the mobile jack.
- Remove the mobile jack.
- Press up the control arm and tensioner to the previous specified measurement so that the bolts can be installed.
1 M12 bolt for the lateral link mounting (5). Tighten
- Remove the tensioner.
- Install the wheel.
See the appropriate steps under -Transmission Removal & Installation-.