- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove protective cap from the valve on the fuel rail.
- Connect a hose to adapter 999-5484 and place the other end in a clean container.
- Connect the adapter in the locked or closed position to the valve on the fuel rail.
- Unlock or open the adapter valve.
- After the fuel system pressure is relieved, remove the adapter and hose and replace the protective cap.
Connect the negative battery cable when repairs are complete.