- Remove the cover on the valve which is positioned on the fuel rail.
Connect adapter 999 5484 to fuel pressure relief unit 981 2270, 981 2273 and 981 2282.
- Connect the adapter to the valve on the fuel rail in the locked position (figure 1, valve closed).
- Unlock the adapter (illustration 2, valve open).
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the cover on the valve cap positioned at the fuel filter.
Connect venting hose 999 5480 to the valve prior to the fuel filter.
NOTEIt takes approximately 2 minutes to drain the system.
NOTEDo not forget to reinstall the covers over the valves.
- Reinstall the components in reverse order.