- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEMark the driveshaft CV joint in relation to the transfer case assembly flange.
Front right wheel and tire
Bolts on driveshaft using counterhold 999 7057
Use new bolts to attach transfer case. Tighten the bolts alternately to light contact. Then, tighten alternately to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
NOTECheck carefully that the mating surfaces on the driveshaft CV joint and flange are clean.
Install or connect the following:
The driveshaft according to the previous marking. Use new bolts and counterhold 999 7057 to tighten driveshaft bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Fill the transaxle with proper amount of oil.
- Check the oil level in the transfer case. Fill with oil up to the filling plug.
- Install engine splash guard.
- Install right front wheel and tire. Tighten lug nuts to 102 ft. lbs. (138 Nm).