Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONThe new Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) coil assembly will be centered. Improper alignment of the SIR coil assembly may damage the unit, causing an inflatable restraint malfunction.
- If available, remove the yellow tab (2) and save for reassembly.
- Gently rotate the coil hub (1) clockwise until a slight tension is present.
- Count the number of revolutions, while gently rotating the coil hub (1) counter clockwise until a slight tension is present.
- Gently rotate the coil hub (1) clockwise one half of the previously counted revolutions.
Rotate the coil hub as required to align the yellow tab (2).
NOTEIf the yellow retaining tab is not available, the use of tape to secure the SIR steering wheel module coil is recommended for installation to the steering column.
- Install the yellow tab (2) into the coil hub.
Slide the centered SIR steering wheel module coil onto the steering shaft.