Removal & Installation
Always connect or disconnect the wiring harness connector from the EBCM/EBTCM with the ignition switch in the OFF position. Failure to observe this precaution could result in damage to the EBCM/EBTCM.
Remove the Transmission Control Module (TCM), if equipped, from the mounting bracket and position aside.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Clean the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) to Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) area of any accumulated dirt and foreign material.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Disconnect the pump motor electrical connector.
- Remove the EBCM attaching screws.
Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by carefully pulling apart.
- Clean the sealing surface of the BPMV, with denatured alcohol and a clean shop cloth.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the EBCM-to-BPMV attaching screws. Tighten the bolts in a cross pattern to 27 inch lbs. (3Nm)
- Connect the pump motor electrical connector.
- Connect the electrical connector to the EBCM.
- Reposition the TCM, if equipped, to the mounting bracket.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. DO NOT start engine.
Perform the following preliminary inspections:
- Ensure that the battery is fully charged.
- Ensure that the battery cables are clean and tight.
- Inspect for any open fuses
- Inspect the easily accessible systems or the visible system components for obvious damage or conditions that could cause the symptom.
- Ensure that the grounds are clean, tight, and in the correct location.
- Inspect for aftermarket devices that could affect the operation of the system.