Removal & Installation
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has to perform the crankshaft position learn process under the following conditions:
- The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is removed for replacement or during disassembly.
- The timing belt is removed for replacement or during disassembly.
- The CKP Pattern Clear is executed from the Tech II.
- The PCM is replaced
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Remove the right splash shield.
- Remove the crankshaft damper using damper holding tool EN 46337.
- Remove the timing belt cover bolts and the cover.
- Install the timing belt cover and tighten the bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the damper.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the accessory drive belt.