Before servicing any vehicle, please be sure to read the precautions section, which deals with personal safety, prevention of component damage, and important points to take into consideration when servicing a motor vehicle.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the rear timing belt cover bolts.
- Unclip the knock sensor wires.
Remove the rear timing belt cover.
Ensure that the knock sensor and the camshaft sensor wires are routed correctly before installing the cover.
- Install the rear timing belt cover.
- Coat the engine cover bolts with LOCTITE®242 thread locking compound or equivalent.
- Install the rear timing belt cover bolts.
- Tighten the rear timing belt cover bolts to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install rear timing belt thread pin.
- Tighten the rear timing belt cover threaded pin to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).