- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Drain the transmission fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Both battery cables
- Install an engine support fixture.
Fasten the radiator to the upper radiator support.
Support the cradle with a jack
Cradle bolts and the cradle
Secure the drive axle from the intermediate drive shaft.
NOTERemove the retainer ring from the stub shaft before removing the tool and discard the ring.
Intermediate drive shaft using removal tool J440177 and axle seal puller SA9133T
- Use the engine support fixture to lower the transaxle enough so that the assembly can be removed.
- Attach the transaxle to a suitable transaxle jack.
Remove the transaxle bolts on the engine side and the transaxle bolt on the transaxle side.
Installation is the reverse of removal, please note the following torque specifications:
Transaxle-to-engine and engine-to-transaxle bolts: 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm)
- Fill the transmission to the proper level.
- Warm the engine and check the transmission fluid. Check and adjust vehicle alignment, as necessary.