Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
WARNINGAlways connect or disconnect the wiring harness connector from the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) with the ignition switch in the OFF position. Failure to observe this precaution could result in damage to the EBCM.
Remove the Transmission Control Module (TCM), if equipped, from the mounting bracket and position aside.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Clean the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) to Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) area of any accumulated dirt and foreign material.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Disconnect the pump motor electrical connector.
- Remove the EBCM attaching screws.
Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by carefully pulling apart.
- Clean the sealing surface of the BPMV, with denatured alcohol and a clean shop cloth.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the EBCM-to-BPMV attaching screws. Tighten the bolts in a cross pattern to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect the pump motor electrical connector.
- Connect the electrical connector to the EBCM.
- Reposition the TCM, if equipped, to the mounting bracket.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. DO NOT start the engine.
Perform the following preliminary inspections:
- Ensure that the battery is fully charged.
- Ensure that the battery cables are clean and tight.
- Inspect for any open fuses
- Inspect the easily accessible systems or the visible system components for obvious damage or conditions that could cause the symptom.
- Ensure that the grounds are clean, tight, and in the correct location.
- Inspect for aftermarket devices that could affect the operation of the system.