- Remove the Instrument Panel (I/P) storage compartment screws.
- Remove the storage compartment from the I/P.
- Starting at the bottom, pull to disengage the trim bezel clips.
- Remove the center trim bezel.
- Disconnect the temperature cable from the HVAC control module.
- Remove the temperature cable screw from the HVAC module.
Press the white tab at the center of the cable housing to release the cable from the temperature door shaft.
- Position the cable housing to the temperature door shaft and press to engage.
- Install the temperature cable screw to the HVAC module.
- Tighten the screw to 9 inch lbs. (1 Nm).
Center the HVAC module temperature door by aligning the cable lug of the temperature control cable with the center point of the detent spring. Detent spring force should hold the temperature door in the desired position.
- Install the center trim bezel.
- Center the temperature cable knob by inserting the assembly alignment tab into the centering slot of the temperature knob shaft.
- Install the temperature cable to the HVAC control module by aligning the retention tabs and the temperature knob shaft and snapping into place.