Removal & Installation
Before servicing any vehicle, please be sure to read the precautions section, which deals with personal safety, prevention of component damage, and important points to take into consideration when servicing a motor vehicle.
- Disconnect the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor connector.
- Loosen the clamp at the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the attachment from the outlet resonator/duct assembly to support bracket.
Disconnect the PCV fresh air bent hose at the cam cover.
- Remove the outlet resonator/duct assembly.
- Disconnect the EI module electrical connector.
If the module only is being replaced, remove the EI module attachment screws.
Remove the ignition module attachment bolts.
- Remove the ignition module housing assembly with spark plug boots.
- Apply dialectic compound to the spark plug boots and ensure no corrosion is present.
- Install the ignition module housing assembly with spark plug boots into position.
Tighten the ignition module-to-camshaft cover bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
NOTEEnsure the interconnect is lined up and the interconnect seal is in place before installing the attachment screws.
- Install the EI module and attachment screws (if removed). Tighten the module screws to 13 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Connect the EI module harness connector. Push in the connector until a click is heard, then pull back to confirm a positive engagement.
- Position the outlet resonator/duct assembly into position.
- Connect the PCV fresh air bent hose assembly.
- Tighten the clamp at the throttle body assembly.
- Position the outlet resonator/duct assembly up with the support bracket and install the push-pin.
- Tighten the clamp at the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the IAT sensor connector.