Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The front wheel and tire assembly
- If necessary, bottom the caliper piston by using a C-clamp.
- If removed, install the brake pads and clips to the caliper support.
- Lubricate the pin boots and guide pins with silicone grease.
- Install the pin boots into the caliper support, using the pin to assure that the boot passes all the way through the support.
- Install the caliper onto the support and over the brake pads.
- Lubricate the non-threaded portion of the guide and lock pins with silicone grease.
Install the pins through the caliper and torque to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
NOTEMake sure the brake line is properly routed with loop to the rear and that the hose is not twisted.
- Install the bake hose using 2 new copper washers. Torque the fitting bolt to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Properly bleed the hydraulic brake system.
- Install the wheel. Tighten the wheel lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).