Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle.
- Place the strut into spring compressor J45400 or a similar compressor.
- Compress the spring enough to completely unload the upper strut mount.
- Remove the strut shaft nut while holding the shaft stationary with a TORX®socket.
- Release the spring compressor.
- Remove the spring from the strut
Remove the remaining strut assembly components, examine for wear or damage and replaces as necessary.
Install or connect the following:
The strut into spring compressor
- Make sure the flats are aligned on the upper spring seat and top mount before tightening the nut. Then tighten the nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Release the spring compressor tool.
- Install the strut to the vehicle.