- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
The new fuel filter into the bracket
Prime the fuel system as follows:
- Turn the ignition ON for 5 seconds, then OFF for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the ON/OFF cycle 2 more times.
- Crank the engine until it starts.
- If it does not start, repeat the sub-steps A-C.
- Start the engine and check for leaks, repair if necessary.